Wednesday, November 17, 2010

#22 Assigned 11/9, Grad School plan

I would love to attend graduate school in many fields, but that's the problem. I don't know exactly what I field I want to go into. English is my first love, however I'm afraid I will be tied down to teach if I further my education in this field. Education is the same. Within the education college, a plethora of specifications catch my eye: Counseling, Curriculum Development, Higher Education. These would keep me confined within the education realm, like English. To clarify, the possibility of teaching is not what bothers me; not having options bothers me.

Recently, striving for that Universal MBA seems more and more appealing. The thought of doing all kinds of business, having lunch meetings to close the deal, getting rewarded for being friendly to sell things people want or need, this all sounds exciting.

So obviously, I want to further my education, but I don't know which direction I want to step in (Yes, I ended this sentence with a preposition. I just don't really know a better way to word it. And the juxtaposition of my grammar within my unrest should stir the same discomfort within you that roars inside me and my lack of choosing a Master's path).

So, my plan for Graduate School? I need to seek the opinions of those older than me who have seen me grow up and progress. I need to take a few personality tests to see where I fall and what careers might be best.

Bottom line, I need to figure out what direction I want to go. I don't want to wake up in two years with an MA wondering why the Hell I got this degree.

Seriously though, I have taken the GRE and am in the process of asking for letters of reference and filling out forms. Texas Tech seems the most logical place, however I am not opposed to leaving Lubbock to further my education and life experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment