Monday, December 13, 2010

#28 Assigned 12/14

Assessment of learning and professional development over this semester:

Over the course of this semester, I've learned a lot about the purpose of education. I am currently finishing my second education block of nine hours (3 classes). In these classes, I've learned that a teacher is not merely a person who knows and loves a certain content or field of study. A teacher needs to love his or her content area, but furthermore, a teacher needs to care about his or her students. So a teacher needs to love his content area and his students is the first thing I've learned about education. The second thing I've learned comes from Senior Seminar. Education exists to preserve culture. This is the reason education began and is why it still exists today. With these two implications in mind, the thought of meeting a student who needs that extra help learning how to write concisely seems appropriate. With these in mind, taking the extra time to add encouraging comments on assignments seems the Most important. My job as an educator will be to preserve culture while loving my students and my field of English.

Also over the course of this semester, I've learned a lot about formality of resumes and cover letters. These are skills everyone needs to learn, things that would be embarrassing to ask for or learn outside of the college environment. So I am also thankful to learn these trades and information as well.

As for this class, it seems as though my time is done.

Thanks for reading this far.
good night and good luck.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment