Monday, December 13, 2010

#26 Assigned 12/7

Plan for lifelong learning:

I look up to my girlfriend's grandmother so much. She (Honey) is 77 years old; however, her heart is still beating strong with a passion for life. Last year, Honey decided she need something new to keep her mind active, so she went out and bought an acoustic guitar. She and Melissa's sister took guitar lessons together for at least a few months. And this is just one clear example of this growing zeal for life. Honey is a model reader. She reads more books this month than I've read in the past year! With all of this knowledge, one would think Honey is very smart...and she is. My girlfriend and I believe we can go to Honey for information or insight concerning every avenue of life. But this would not be possible without Honey's lifelong learning habits.

This is something I desire to-lifelong learning. I desire to never cease to learn new tricks, read new books, etc. And Honey will be my inspiration. Many claim "You can't teach a dog new tricks!" I used to agree with this phrase; I mean what's the point of teaching a dog a new trick when they would not be able to use it for very long? Then I met Honey, and I learned the truth: We continue to read hard texts and learn new tricks because stretching one's self causes growth. This applies to knowledge and to relationships.

My plan for lifelong learning:

-Continue to read up on Christian apologetics written by dead men (their writings are the hardest to understand and yet so rewarding)
-Read Newsweek and books by those with opposing world-views
-Stay in the close friendships (Even though they're messy, they can grow me the most and will mean the most)


Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment