Thursday, September 30, 2010

Assigned 9/30



Oedipus frustrated many of us. I just felt like starting this reflection out this way. Not that we didn't like it; the characters just didn't act the way we wanted them to. Proof of popularity of frustration? Well I counted. I took the opportunity in class today to survey the 'Reader Responses' of my fifteen/sixteen mates (classmates).

Different Reader Responses and number of those who hold this primary response.

Thought of the downfalls of Pride/Anger: 1
Parental Responsibilities: 1
Thought the drama was hard to relate to (Superstitions, etc): 1
Sad: 1
Thought it was aggrevating/frustrating: 7
Yuck: 2
Creon pulling strings: 1
Focus of who's to blame: 2

Again I want to clarify. We seven agree that the story is frustrating, but I doubt we 7 hated the story, just didn't have control over the Oedipus or Jacasta, not understanding their motivations for action.

out.

No comments:

Post a Comment