Wednesday, September 1, 2010

#4 Assigned 8/26

I) Academic Strengths and Weaknessess

A. STRENGTHS
1. Eager to learn
2. Have had much practice in disecting texts, comes rather naturally now
3. I'm currently an on-campus writing tutor. I interact with common trends of flaws in students' reading, writing, and thinking processes.
4. Huge perfectionist

B. WEAKNESSES
1. Not a risk-taker (Writing, Thinking, etc.)
2. Dislike group work (I'm too controlling)
3. Don't know much about Resumes or Microsoft Excel
4. Cannot always write/talk clearly or concisely (I agree with the Abraham Lincoln quote you dropped in class)
5. I suck at taking notes (written (spontaneous) organization)

In response to my weakness of working in groups, I suggest taking personality tests; Everyone in the class should take a Myers-Briggs' personality test. Therefore, when group-project time comes around (which it inevitably will), we can all look at the results of those within our groups and better understand giftings and personalities.
Sitting down and taking the time to edit a paper (idealy with another person at my side) will always help my clarity problem. And I recognize that...so maybe the problem is more procrastination. HA. Hearing the faults of my argument normally comes too late to change. Hearing them through another person's ears can highlight the problems easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment